(Photo from jocooks.com)
Now, I know that biscuits are not on my usual list of things to eat since I have been working on losing weight. Apparently I was hungry today when I was on Pinterest, and I felt the need to share this fairly simple recipe for these yummy looking cheese biscuits. Yes, I said yummy looking, because no, I haven’t tried the recipe yet! I will soon though! They look so good… Here’s the recipe, or you can head on over to the original post yourself.
- 2 cups all purpose flour,plus more as needed
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ sticks cold unsalted butter, diced
- ½ cup cold buttermilk, shaken
- 1 cold egg
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
2. In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix well and place the bowl in the fridge for about 30 min.
3. Cut the cold butter into pieces, and let it sit out, we just want it to soften a bit.
4. Place the flour mixture in the bowl of a mixer and add the butter and the grated cheese. Using the paddle attachment mix until the butter forms into small peas. You can also do this by hand using a pastry blender.
5. Whisk the cold egg together with the buttermilk and add it to the mixer and continue mixing until the dough comes together.
6. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and continue kneading a few times. Roll out the dough so that it’s about half an inch thick to ¾ of an inch.
7. Using a round cookie cutter, you can also use a glass if you don’t have a round cookie cutter, start cutting the biscuits. My cookie cutter was about 2 inches in diameter.
8. Brush the biscuits with the egg wash and bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes then let cool on a wire rack.
I can’t wait to try out this recipe! If you beat me to it, (even if you don’t) let me know how you like it!