Black Beans & Rice
1 cup uncooked rice
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
½ green bell pepper
½ red bell pepper
1 small onion or ½ large onion
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 Tbsp. cooking oil
2. Dice green and red peppers and onion.
3. Sautee in 1 tbsp. of oil over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender.
4. Mince 3 cloves of garlic and add to the sauteed vegetables. Sautee a minute more.
2 – 16oz. cans of black beans (you can drain and rinse or use straight from the can, it’s up to you)
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. dried oregano
5. Add the black beans, vinegar, cayenne powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add rice and oregano and stir. Salt and pepper to taste.
1 Large Plantain
Cooking oil and/or Butter
1. Preheat butter/oil in pan. Slice plantain into flat wedges and place into the butter/oil.
2. Cook until lightly browned. Place on a paper towel lined plate to cool.